Monday, October 4, 2010

Garden Sweet Potatoes

On Thursday Ryan helped me dig up one of our beds of sweet potatoes. We have a half a bed in another part of the garden still to do. The potatoes got huge this year and some were the size of loaves of bread! They taste great. I think I am going to try to can some of them that were cut up when we took them out of the ground.

Michael and I also moved our potted plants down into the greenhouse where we want them and strung them up. We planned to put them in the middle area so when it gets cold we can put up some plastic walls and just heat that area. The lettuce, spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts and cauliflower will do fine in a colder area as long as it doesn't get too much below freezing.

We have our materials to build the hydroponics so that is our next big project.

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.
    business transcription

    ReplyDelete