Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Greenhouse Broccoli and Cauliflower

I went out to harvest some of our broccoli and cauliflower from the greenhouse yesterday. These were grown in our 4" tubes hydroponically! Not bad for a harvest on December 12th!

I think I've now learned how to grow great broccoli and cauliflower. Look at the size of that one head of broccoli.

We have a bit more and the broccoli will make side shoots but I've started seeds for a spring repeat! After cutting our lettuce three times, I'm restarting our hydroponic lettuce tubs as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hello....That is some gorgeous broccoli and cauliflower! We are beginner hydroponic gardeners and I was wondering if you might have hints or tips on how to do it. We are using tubs for our cabbage and a raft system for our lettuce. Could you tell me what you did and the solutions that you used? We are growing in the greenhouse and I am wondering if that might be too warm for broccoli.

    Any help would be so appreciated! We are so impressed with your crop!! Thank you for sharing..

    Judy Wirkkala
    Nemah, Wa

    ReplyDelete