Monday, February 8, 2010

CPW CLASS . . . or a gun packing mama!

On Saturday, Michael and I took a Concealed Weapons Class at the Spartanburg County Emergency Services area.

It was a cold, wet day and the course was 8 hours (we were there 10) with part of it in a classroom and part of it on the shooting range that the police in the county use to practice on.

I was really worried about shooting. Michael used our 9 mm and I used a 22 pistol that we borrowed. I have a hard time racking back the 9 mm. We had to shoot 50 rounds and get at least 35 in the target area. We moved backward about 5 feet after the first 10, 5 feet after the second 10, etc.

Michael had a huge hold right in the center of his so they couldn't count his but didn't see any misses to he got 50 out of 50!

I actually only missed one!!!!! We also had to take a 50 question test at the end and we each missed 1 so we passed. Now it will take about 4 months to get a concealed weapon permit. I doubt we will use it but we learned a lot about guns and gun safety so that was good if we are going to have guns around.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I took hunter safety when I was 12. I aced the written test but never completed the course because I was afraid to shoot the gun. :)

    ReplyDelete