Sunday, April 8, 2012

Project finished!

Michael and I have worked for the past month redoing our beds in the upper garden and heavily mulch the rows to hopefully finish eradicated the Bermuda grass that has plagued our new upper garden.

It sure looks good to see it done. Can you believe we picked our first ripe strawberry on April 5th! They are loaded with berries so we can't wait for the season to come. We covered our last area with black plastic and will probably store some mulch on it until we are ready to finish up that part of the garden and hopefully can start without the grass.

I also started several different herbs in my quest to learn more about using herbs in cooking and medicinal needs.

I have them in pots on our deck so they are close to the kitchen. Boy, I love the smell of fresh Basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment