Thursday, January 1, 2009

A camera of Michael's dreams


A strange thing happened this fall that helped Michael get the camera of his dreams! When we first got married, Michael said he dreamed of one day having a dark room and doing photography as a hobby. Of course, now with the digital age, no dark room is needed Even though we have a perfectly good working Nikon Cool Pix 4300 digital camera that we had bought about six years ago he has been drooling over the newer digital cameras for a long time.

In fact, I sent him a review from consumer report about the new Nikon D-90 DX 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera and he was immediately sold but I couldn’t see putting out a lot of money for a new one.

Then fate took over! We went to Albertson, NC for Eleanor’s birthday the first part of November and I took the my camera and took several pictures. I was sure we had packed it up and brought it home but we could not find it anywhere. After 2-3 weeks of off and on searching, I gave in and we ordered the camera of Michael’s dreams as a big Christmas present (and doing our patriotic duty to help out the economy). We got a great lens to go with it and he was a happy camper.

The day finally came when the camera arrived. He took it out and read the manual and studied all of the parts and gadgets and was in camera heaven. Of course, the next day, I went to get out some notebooks of music we had taken to Albertson and there in the music bag (the only thing we never unpacked) was my camera!

Oh well, he’s happy and so am I. Maybe I will get to use the new camera on some occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment