Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dreaming of our summer garden


I don't know if you can tell what this is, but it's a diagram of our yard and garden. I've wanted to do this for a long time. The round circles are fruit trees we've planted and the squares are our raised beds. The big square is our soon to be greenhouse and the raised beds on the other side of it are beds we plan on building this spring to increase our garden size.

I've wanted to have a plan so I can track what we plant in each garden bed so I can rotate plants and document how things do. The first 12 raised beds are our berries.

Last year we had such a wonderful garden and ate out of it daily. The fresh food that we grew organic is so superior to what you buy and I know there are no preservatives in what we ate and canned. I didn't document the pounds or bushels but I hope to do that better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment