Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rainy Saturday

Fall has definitely come to our little neck of the woods. It seems that our rains come on every Saturday. It sure would be nice to have a sunny one to work on the greenhouse! This look seems like I should be in Oregon right now.


I did notice this spider web which is neat with the rain on it. I wasn't sure how the picture would turn out but you can see it.


The rate of harvest has gone way down but we do have collards. Before a rainy Saturday, I ran out to pick some to cook up. I'm no Southern gal but Michael has some fond memories of his mom's collards so I'm trying!


I takes so many collards to cook down. The big bowl above cooked down to about 4 quarts of cooked collards. Michael liked them and said they were good. . . but I'm not sure they were better than his memories of his mom's!

1 comment:

  1. I can't compete with Faye's cooking, either, and you know who her teacher was. :)

    Love the spider web picture!

    ReplyDelete