Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is around the corner!

I went out and worked on our raised beds to get ready for Spring! We pulled carrots through the winter but I brought in the last of them today. They taste wonderful and it was neat to just leave them in the ground through the winter.

You can't hardly see the red lettuce, but the lettuce we planted last fall also made it through the winter and is starting to grow for spring.

I went ahead and bought some broccoli plants to try to get a harvest before it gets too hot for it. This is quick 45 day to harvest variety so we'll see how it works out. I had started some plants but we've had a lot of clouds and those plants don't look too good.

Here's a bed of cauliflower that I also planted today. Above it you can see some of the Swiss chard that also lived through the winter and is starting to grow again.

The peach trees are all budded out and almost ready to open. In fact, all of the trees have buds on them.

Here's a view of the garden from one of the budding trees. I have already gotten the strawberries cleaned out and mulched. My mouth waters already for strawberries!

Michael is off this week and finished up some framing on the greenhouse and hopes to put the plastic on it tomorrow! I'm so excited for spring but we sure have a lot of work to do to get our greenhouse and new beds ready.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! The green house looks like it's really coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete